In view of the recent changes to Government restrictions, we are pleased to announce that some of our planned summer programme will go ahead.
Starting on July 13th our Youth courses for both 8-10's and 11-15's covering RYA Youth Stages 1-3 will be up and running, but with some precautionary measures in place.
- Teaching groups will be limited at four children to one Instructor.
- Groups will work completely independently from each other.
- All sailing will take place in single-handed boats.
- Children will be allocated their own boat for the duration of the week.
- Any child who who doesn't have their own wetsuit, will be provided with one which will be theirs for the week. The same will apply to buoyancy aids.
- We will aim to maintain 2m social distancing.
Further information will be provided as part of the 'Joining Instructions'.
At present we are unable to offer the Stage 4 or Seamanship & Spinnakers courses. Both of these courses require the children to sail in pairs, which can only be done with members of the same household. We may be able to replace these courses with an alternative advanced skills course, 'Start Racing'. More news on this as soon as we have details.
With overseas holidays disrupted throughout the summer, we may have high demand for these courses. If you wish to book to ensure a place, please do so. If things change and the courses are disrupted and do not run we will make a refund in full. Likewise, if you book and pay but subsequently wish to cancel, we will also refund without penalty.
The website reflects the courses that are currently uneffected and we may add additional courses to increase choice once we are able to resume. Keep an eye on our website for further information.
Thank you for understanding in these difficult times... here's hoping for better days ahead.